Sunday, August 06, 2006

TOOLS OF THE TRADE

(Click on image to see larger view)
Okay, this might be my last canning jar painting. I've played with the light and reflection of the jar in three paintings now. I like how having water in the jar of this painting refracts the light of the brushes and the light from the background. My favorite parts of this painting are the ferrules (metal part of the brush). I've worked at understanding how the raised lettering on the glass can be painted. Each painting has shown more lettering as I got a bit better at it. I added some blue at the very end to the "Wide Mouth" at the bottom of the jar and it seemed to make it more realistic.

Initially I was going to have an unfinished painting in the background, but I decided that it would be too distracting from the focus of the painting.

0 comments: