Friday, July 21, 2006


I was thinking of painting the blueberries in a basket; but it seemed pretty much a cliche to do that so I poured them into a small canning jar. I was almost done when I decided to add one more blueberry sitting outside the jar.

I started by masking out the highlights on the jar and fruit and then added a light purply-blue wash on the blueberries and the jar. I dabbed in some dark red on the blueberries and dried the entire painting. After it was dry, I started layering darker and darker purples and indigo. Using a scrubber brush I softened the colors on the blueberries.

I like the top blueberry and the one outside the jar.