Saturday, April 04, 2009

ABUNDANCE OF HOPE


(Click on image to enlarge)

I envisioned this painting one evening when I was emptying my pockets. The next day I took some reference photos to see what the composition would look like. I added a few things to the painting that weren't in the reference photos including the faux crochet table cloth.

I put about 12 hours into the painting including a lot time making black squares. I like the 3 dimensional nature of the objects and am happy with how the foil gum wrappers turned out; but I think the keys get lost in the crochet.



2 comments:

John Salmon said...

I like this Tim. Very Good. I thought I was the only one to have M and M's in my pocket.

Terry Banderas said...

Looks great, Tim. It looks like it could have taken awhile to do this. Lots of concentration here. I listen to talk radio when I am doing something this detailed. Before you know it, the day is done.