Monday, July 20, 2009

GARDEN ANGEL

Click to enlarge

18" x 24" on 140 lb. cold press paper

This is a scene from our backyard. We bought the ceramic angel last year to complete the flower island in our lawn. I've been trying to paint more florals since I don't have much experience with them and at times really struggle. I drew the statue freehand in one take which surprised me that the proportions looked accurate. I put in a lot of the background darks early to see how the contrast would look. I added more and more indigo on the statue to get the right 3-dimensional look. I'm not sure how I did with this. After a while it all starts to blur. I have to get away for a few days to retrieve a fresh perspective.




1 comments:

Terry Banderas said...

Tim--
Very nice. Great detail and nice colors.