Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Rotunda Roaster

(Click image to enlarge) I started this piece with the intention of making it an op-art painting with high contrast and sharp edges. But as I got into working on the car itself, I fell back into my usual literal interpretation.

The idea was to have only light cascading from above creating a lot of shadows and dark colors contrasting against the bright areas in light. I did a lot of layering on the lights as well as the darks to make them shine. I didn't do as much detail on this car as the parts in shadown don't show as much detail.

I made a number of mistakes early on but was able to recover and I feel satisfied with the outcome.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great vibrant blues! I really like the angle of the car as well as how the light cascades down. Very nice!