Sunday, October 15, 2006

FALL DOLLS


I think I got whiplash going from metal, chrome and engines to Raggedy Ann dolls and crocheted lace! This is from a picture we took when visiting Old Town Florence, Oregon, two weeks ago. The window was in a small store along the waterfront.

As usual, there are things I like and don't like in this painting. I think the crocheted curtain looks realistic, but I'm not that satisfied with the overall composition. I think, if I did it over again, I'd not space the dolls out so evenly and not placed the bale of hay between them (yes, that's supposed to be a bale of hay). In the photograph there is a window box with pink geraniums in it. It didn't match the fall colors of the rest of the composition so I left the whole box out. I also wanted to show more of the shingled siding.

I wish I would have paid more attention to any reflection in the window. There doesn't appear to be any reflection off the glass in the window and I thought about it after I'd spend 2 hours doing the lace and didn't want to mess it up by trying lighten parts of it to make a reflection. I'll remember the reflection next time.

0 comments: